Installation of Tarimatec Deck
The material must be stored, before and during assembly, on a flat surface, protected from direct sun radiation and rain.
Do not install the deck directly on the floor, always use battens. To do so, first place them on the floor or over a stable structure, where they can be screwed in. If it is not possible to screw them in, arrange panels in a closed structure to guarantee the stability of the deck. Do not use adhesives to replace screws or closed structures.
Make sure that the battens are perfectly fixed to the floor, levelled, and have a recommended slope of at least 1% to allow for the evacuation of water accumulated on the surface of the boards.
Use aluminium battens. To ensure drainage and evacuation of water in levelled surfaces, place a wedge (from Tarimatec cuttings or rubber/plastic) of at least 5 mm between the batten and the floor, or use plots instead.
Keep the battens separated by a maximum distance of 350 mm. Bear in mind this distance is reduced to less than 150 mm in the perimeter of the installation, or in such areas where all deck headers are the same, such as in swimming pool tanks.
At the ends of the installation, leave at least one 10 mm expansion joint.
In addition to ensuring water evacuation under the deck, it is also important to guarantee good ventilation. The deck should not be mounted over areas susceptible of flooding.
At the time of installation, the parts should have a temperature between 10ºC and 40ºC. This could lead joints to open too wide or to close too tight.
Follow the extrusion guide during installation.
Use two clips to hold each of the deck ends at header joints.
Use only original Tarimatec clips.
Be mindful of the 5 mm spacing between deck headers to allow for deck expansion and contraction due to temperature differences or sun radiation during the day. The 5 mm spacing is calculated for 2,5 m boards. For larger boards, leave a proportional spacing (e.g. for 3 m boards, 6 mm spacing)
Always support the beginning and end of the boards with the batten. They cannot hover over the batten.
Screw the finishing moulding to the aluminium profile and not to the deck. Leave 10 mm of space between the moulding and the floor, and 5 mm between headers. Fix every 500 m, at maximum, by inserting the screws in the pre-drilled holes according to the assembly instructions.
Once a few months have passed since the installation, it is advisable to check it, evaluating its stability and the separation joints between headers, as well as between headers and walls or at installation ends.
Shall any of them have an abnormally inferior spacing, trim them.
Download the installation manual
- Tarimatec is not a structural product.
- It is recommended to let the Mont Blanc profiles rest on a flat surface protected from sun radiation for 48 h before installation.
- Install the deck while the parts are at a temperature between 10 and 40ºC.
- The Mont Blanc ventilated facade system must be mounted on battens to allow for optimal water evacuation, ventilation and air circulation.
- Do not install Mont Blanc profiles directly on the wall.
- Tarimatec must be installed on a flat and stable surface. Project managers of the building site shall determine the system and the distances for fixing the battens.
- These basic installation instructions represent a mere outline of the Mont Blanc ventilated facade installation system, and are not intended to replace the complete installation instructions. Before installing any Tarimatec product, please follow accurately the corresponding installation instructions, which can be found in the Tarimatec Technical Manual.